Civil Engineer EIT
Dallas TX & Greenwood Village CO
The Dimension Group is currently seeking candidates for Civil E.I.T. with 0-3 years of experience for our Dallas TX and Denver CO offices. This position provides an excellent opportunity for gaining valuable experience in land development, grading, drainage, paving, water, sanitary sewer and transportation improvements, as well as the development of project management skills.
The primary duties will include designing and plan production for general civil design on a wide variety of projects which may include site layouts, horizontal and vertical control, grading and drainage, paving, site utilities, and associated civil engineering activities.
- Perform engineering tasks under the supervision of a Project Manager or supervisor. The EIT is encouraged to solve engineering problems using experience, judgment and education.
- Performing site research and preparing due diligence reports for new projects
- Conduct field visits to understand existing site or building conditions
- Prepare permitting application packages
- Prepare engineering reports and construction specifications
- Attend meetings with Project Engineers and Project Managers to meet with public review staff
- Prepare and revise project schedules under the direction of a Project Manager
- Utilize AutoCAD or Revit as appropriate to address review comments and prepare plan updates
- Attend industry events and become involved in the community
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
- Become proficient in design and drafting software.
- Strong communication, leadership and technical skills
- Attention to detail. The ability to enter, transcribe, record, store and maintain data accurately.
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities under deadlines.
- Competitive Wages
- Company Matching 401K
- Personal Time Off
- Life Insurance
The Dimension Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an environment where each individual has equal opportunity to achieve his or her full potential, and human differences are valued. We strive to provide an environment that is open and creative and inspires best efforts and results, and where cooperation and teamwork thrive along with each individuals, personal growth and contribution.